This idea isn't just limited to homes and classrooms, it is applicable in the outside world too. We hope in the future we can design a large scale product using lasers to shine pattern on walls, using it like a guideline for builders and others who need precise measurements. We envision little robots that track the laser lines and mark or cut the walls accordingly without human error, leading to safer housing and more efficient building structures.
UPDATE: Unfortunately for us, someone has already thought of this application of lasers before us. Further research reveals that this is called a laser level and is already being implemented by builders.
- total cost is still fuzzy,
maybe about $100 dollars at most.
- our plan is to buy our own metal/electronics for the robot directly from factories in bulk. (makes production cost cheaper).
- will sell mat to hold down the fabric as the robot cuts.
- will sell cutting patterns online.
- will sell app that pairs with robot on app store for free.